Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Look at Childrens Literature

Tunneland Jacobs. Children's Literature, Brielfy. 4th Edition. Prentice Hall. 2008

The text provides one with the ideas on how to select a good children's book. Each chapter focused on different elements on what Authors have changed to make children's literature better apply to young readers. As I sit back and think about the issues the authors pointed out on the types of books that I read when I was a young reader, I see why I was an unengaged reader. With authors and illustrators taking the advice of the creators in this articles they Will better be able to make children want to read more and become avid readers. I really believe that the new aspects of children's literature should be taken into the consideration.I know how important reading is and believe that if children began to read when they are younger they will continue to read when they get older.

No comments: