Monday, March 24, 2008

Children's Literature Briefly Chapter 13

Tunnell, Michael O. and James S. Jacobs. Children's Literature, Briefly. 4e. Upper Saddle River NJ: Prentice Hall, 2008

This was a great chapter to explain to future teachers on how to pick an interesting biography. I can say that I'm not one that will read a biography unless in really interested in this person and I want to really know what they were like before they were famous. As I read through the chapter I discovered that there were different types if biography's. I've never heard of a picture book biography, this sounds like a great idea for young readers. After the class discussion I understand that we need to choose biographies for our classroom that will be of some interest for the children in our classroom.

No comments: