Thursday, February 28, 2008

Read Aloud Plan

Read Aloud Journal Plan
The audience that I will be using for this assignment is my 3 year old nephew. I will read a book that is age appropriate for him and I will compare it to a higher level book in the grade that I would like to teach, to see how he responds to that material. The objective of my plan is to see what book he is more interested in and the types of questions that he will ask about each of the books. I will read Put Me In the Zoo A Book of Colors by Robert Lopshire a Dr. Seuss book that is age appropriate for preschool and Kindergarten . The older book that I will read to my nephew is Oh the Places You Will Go by Dr. Seuss. This book is very advance and I think that it will be used for higher grade levels that I would like to teach.
Both books pertain to the same concept of traveling to a different place. Oh The Places You Will Go actually relates to places that you may travel through out your life making a change. While Put Me In the Zoo A Book of Colors talks about finding where you actually belong to fit in with the qualities that you may have. It will be interesting to see what book he is more interested in.

No comments: